Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Week 6 - Library 2.0

Since I do not get out and use a library although my two legs have a home library of near 10,000 books on practically any subject,I can only say what my two legs thinks. As I said earlier how my two legs has set up his computer system. This comes from the days when one simply surfed the net and hence the setup which has a very extensive database even if not bookmarked. This was started before I was born and hence long before the social networking that takes place now. After all my two legs has been using computers for nearly 40 years and has owned one (not the same one of course) for over 20 years. He dispares of those who simply use the library computers as an extension of playstation and wonders if those who use them for social interaction (Bebo, YouTube etc) are actually learning much. However he acknowledges that web technology is to stay and therefore part of a librarians job for the genuine researcher is to help them to distinguish between what is real information and what is garbage.

No comments: